Bookkeeper/Accounts – Part-Time (1 day per week)
1. About this role
Fragile X Association of Australia is a not-for-profit organisation based on the northern beaches of Sydney. We’re looking for an experienced bookkeeper to join our small team to manage the organisation’s accounts and financial processes and provide some support for our day-to-day operations.
This is a permanent part-time position at 1 day per week (Fridays preferred), reporting to the Executive Officer with some input from the Treasurer who is a board member. Our office is in Brookvale.
- Key Duties / Responsibilities
- Process all donations and payments
- Manage BAS, GST, superannuation and other regular payments & processes
- Manage invoices and fees related to services, operations and events
- Accounts reconciliation and banking
- Process salaries
- Prepare financial reporting for the Board and Committees as required
- Prepare annual budget and updates, with Executive Officer and Treasurer
- Prepare accounts and documentation for annual audit
- Administrative support, as required, for day-to-day operations of the organisation
- Knowledge, Experience (including Qualifications), Skills and Prerequisites
- Relevant bookkeeping/accounting qualifications
- Proficiency with Xero
- Accounting experience ideal
- Excellent verbal, communication, presentation and interpersonal skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office software, Excel in particular
- The ability to work independently to complete bookkeeping requirements
- Team player, happy to work in a very small team
- Strong interest or experience in the not-for-profit sector
- Willingness to undertake Police check
- Salary and benefits
Salary and conditions of employment in accordance with the Social, Community, Home Care and Disability Services Industry Award plus superannuation and including a salary package option.
Fragile X Association of Australia Inc (FXAA) is a national, member-based organisation and registered charity that provides services and support for anyone in Australia affected by Fragile X-associated disorders, including their families, carers and support professionals in the disability and health sectors. Our core areas of focus are: public and medical awareness of Fragile X, care and support, information and advocacy. We have a small team of staff in our office, and the organisation is governed by a Board of volunteer directors.
To apply: Send your CV and a covering letter addressing the selection criteria to:
Wendy Bruce, Executive Officer, Fragile X Association of Australia. email@example.com
If you have any queries about the role, contact Wendy on 02 9907 2366
Applications close: Wednesday 5 December 2018, 5pm