What is Fragile X?
Fragile X syndrome is an inherited genetic condition that causes intellectual disability, and behavioural and learning challenges. Other Fragile X-associated Disorders caused by a change to the FMR1 gene include FXTAS (FX-associated Tremor Ataxia syndrome) and FXPOI (FX-associated Primary Ovarian Insufficiency)
Who are we?
Fragile X Association of Australia is a member-based organisation and registered charity providing support to people living with Fragile X and their families. This includes a Helpline 5 days a week and online information resources, and we work to raise awareness of Fragile X in the medical community and general community.
What's going on?
- Clinical trial in Australia: boys & girls with Fragile X syndrome
- FXTAS clinic in Melbourne
- Annual General Meeting 11 November
- New videos: Q&A with Prof Randi Hagerman
- Annual General Meeting and Call for Board nominations
- The Latest on Fragile X | Dr Randi Hagerman in Melbourne 27 August & Sydney 3 September