Links and other information
Fragile X related websites:
National Fragile X Foundation in USA:
The Fragile X Alliance Inc. offers clinical services and educational resources. The Alliance is also involved in research projects aimed at improving care and understanding of FXS:
National Fragile X Foundation in the UK:
National Fragile X Foundation in Ireland:
National Fragile X Foundation in New Zealand.
National Fragile X Foundation in Canada.
FRAXA Research Organisation is part of the Mind Institute in the USA. This is a major research organisation and has information on what’s happening globally in Fragile X research and treatments.
Fragile X Syndrome Research Today is a free monthly online journal that collates and summarizes the latest research about Fragile X Syndrome, including details on symptoms, treatment, heritability, diagnosis.
Fragile X Awareness is a site dedicated Spreading Awareness of Fragile X and associated conditions.
Genetics related websites
NSW Government Health Centre for genetics education
The Association of Genetic Support of Australasia facilitates support for people affected directly or indirectly by genetic conditions / rare diseases throughout Australasia.
The Australian parenting network provides advice on bringing up children from birth to teens.
Website that focuses on learning difficulties and ADHD:
National Centre for Learning Disabilities:
AGOSCI is a group that represents people with complex communication needs:
People with Disability Australia Incorporated (PWD) is a national peak disability rights and advocacy organisation:
State Disability Depts:
- Australian Capital Territory Government – NDIS
- New South Wales Government – Department of Ageing, Disability and Home Care
- Victorian Government – Disability Online
- South Australian Government – Disability SA
- Western Australian Government – Disability WA
- Queensland Government – Disability Services Queensland
- Tasmanian Government – Tasmania Online
- Northern Territory Government – Department of Health and Families, Aged and Disability