Bookkeeper/Administration Support Role – Part-Time
1. About this role
Fragile X Association of Australia is a small not-for-profit organisation based on the northern beaches of Sydney. We’re looking for an experienced Bookkeeper to join our small team, to manage the organisation’s accounts and financial processes and to provide administrative support for our projects and day-to-day operations. This is a permanent position at 16 hours a week (flexible hours), reporting to the Executive Officer with some input from the Treasurer who is a board member. Salary sacrifice is an option. Our office is in Manly and will relocate permanently to Brookvale in August. To commence asap. Applications close Wednesday 31 May.
- Key Duties / Responsibilities
- Process all donations and payments
- Manage BAS, GST, superannuation and other regular payments & processes
- Manage invoices and fees related to FXAA services, operations and events
- Process salaries
- Accounts reconciliation and banking
- Prepare regular financial reporting for Board and Committee meetings
- Prepare annual budget and updates, with Executive Officer and Treasurer
- Prepare compliance reporting for ACNC and state-based fundraising authorities
- Prepare accounts for preparation of the audited financial statements and liaise with auditor
- Liaise with accounting software service provider
Administrative and project support
- Manage membership processes and contacts database
- Respond to phone and email queries concerning Fragile X syndrome and FX-associated disorders
- Update FX website and social media
- Administrative support, as required, for the day-to-day activities and events
3. Knowledge, Experience (including Qualifications) and Skills
- Relevant bookkeeping/accounting qualifications and experience
- Excellent verbal, communication, presentation and interpersonal skills
- Experience using cloud-based accounting systems (ideally, Xero)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office software, Excel in particular
- The ability to work independently to complete bookkeeping requirements
- Team player, happy to work in a very small team
- Strong interest or experience in the not-for-profit sector
Fragile X Association of Australia Inc (FXAA) is a small national, not-for-profit member-based organisation that provides services and support for anyone in Australia affected by Fragile X, including their families, carers, and support professionals in the disability and health sectors. Our core areas of focus are: public and medical awareness of Fragile X; service, care and support; information and advocacy. FXAA is governed by a board of volunteer directors. The office is currently based in Manly, relocating permanently to Brookvale in August.
To apply for the FXAA Bookkeeper/Administration Support role, please email a cover letter addressing the selection criteria and your CV to Wendy Bruce, Executive Officer, at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any queries about the role please call 02 9977 0074.
Applications close COB: Wednesday 31 May 2017.