- About this role.
We’re looking for an experienced Bookkeeper/Administrative Assistant to join our small team and manage the organisation’s accounts and financial processes and to provide administrative and project support for our operations.
The position reports to the Executive Officer, with some input from the Treasurer. It is a permanent position, at 16 hours a week, based in our office in Manly (Sydney), and to commence asap.
- Key Duties / Responsibilities
- Process all donations and payments
- Manage BAS, GST, superannuation and other regular payments & processes
- Manage invoices and fees related to FXAA services, operations and events
- Process salaries
- Accounts reconciliation and banking
- Prepare regular financial reporting for Board and Committee meetings
- Prepare annual budget and updates, with Executive Officer and Treasurer
- Prepare compliance reporting for ACNC and state-based fundraising authorities
- Prepare accounts for preparation of the audited financial statements and liaise with auditor
- Liaise with accounting software service provider
Administrative and project support
- Manage membership processes and contacts database
- Administrative support, as required, for the operations of the organisation or events
- Update FX website and some social media
- Respond to queries concerning Fragile X syndrome and FX-associated disorders from individuals, families, and organisations
3. Knowledge, Experience (including Qualifications) and Skills
- Relevant bookkeeping/accounting qualifications
- Excellent verbal, communication, presentation and interpersonal skills
- Experience using cloud-based accounting systems (ideally, Xero)
- Proficiency in use of Microsoft Office software, Excel in particular
- The ability to work independently to complete bookkeeping requirements
- Highly organised with excellent attention to detail
- Team player, happy to work in a very small team
- Experience in the not-for-profit sector ideal
To apply for this Bookkeeper/Administrative Assistant role, please email a cover letter addressing the selection criteria and your CV to FXAA Executive Officer Wendy Bruce at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any queries about the role please email, or call 02 9977 0074.
Applications close COB: Tuesday 28 March 2017.