What is Fragile X?
Fragile X is a genetic condition that causes intellectual disability, behavioural and learning challenges and various physical characteristics. Though Fragile X occurs in both genders, males are more frequently affected than females, and generally with greater severity.
Who are we?
The Fragile X Association of Australia is a non-profit organisation that provides support to families living with Fragile X. This includes specialised clinics, mobile workshops, counselling and casework, fundraising and working to increase public awareness of Fragile X
What's going on?
- Recruiting for new role: Fragile X Social Work & Community Development
- Pre-conception carrier screening trial announced by Federal Government
- Prof W Ted Brown has joined our Board
- New Videos! Dr Marcia Braden on Daily Living Skills and Supporting Learning
- Employable Me on ABC TV – commences 3 April 2018