What is Fragile X?
Fragile X is a genetic condition that causes intellectual disability, behavioural and learning challenges and various physical characteristics. Though Fragile X occurs in both genders, males are more frequently affected than females, and generally with greater severity.
Who are we?
The Fragile X Association of Australia is a non-profit organisation that provides support to families living with Fragile X. This includes specialised clinics, mobile workshops, counselling and casework, fundraising and working to increase public awareness of Fragile X
What's going on?
- We’re looking for a Fragile X Social Worker /Counsellor to join our small team
- Free FX Study: aiming to improve outcomes through earlier diagnosis
- Isaac – Achievement Award 2015
- Newborn bloodspot screening: national policy framework
- Neuren reports positive results in Fragile X Phase II study
The information presented on this website is general and not a substitute for professional advice. The information is current at the time it was published. FXAA regularly reviews this information. FXAA expressly disclaims any and all liability for any loss or damage (whether direct, indirect or consequential, including in negligence) suffered or incurred by any person relying on this information including as a result of any omission, inadequacy, insufficiency or inaccuracy in its content.