What is Fragile X?
Fragile X is a genetic condition that causes intellectual disability, behavioural and learning challenges and various physical characteristics. Though Fragile X occurs in both genders, males are more frequently affected than females, and generally with greater severity.
Who are we?
The Fragile X Association of Australia is a non-profit organisation that provides support to families living with Fragile X. This includes specialised clinics, mobile workshops, counselling and casework, fundraising and working to increase public awareness of Fragile X
What's going on?
- Study to screen 100,000 Victorian babies for Fragile X syndrome | news article
- The multigenerational impact of Fragile X | video
- The X Factor in INfertility & Neurological Health – Scientific American MIND article
- Latest FX newsletter: with focus on NDIS, Research and FX Awareness month in July
- Genome sequencing: what are patients & families’ perspectives?
The information presented on this website is general and not a substitute for professional advice. The information is current at the time it was published. FXAA regularly reviews this information. FXAA expressly disclaims any and all liability for any loss or damage (whether direct, indirect or consequential, including in negligence) suffered or incurred by any person relying on this information including as a result of any omission, inadequacy, insufficiency or inaccuracy in its content.