What is Fragile X?
Fragile X is a genetic condition that causes intellectual disability, behavioural and learning challenges and various physical characteristics. Though Fragile X occurs in both genders, males are more frequently affected than females, and generally with greater severity.
Who are we?
The Fragile X Association of Australia is a non-profit organisation that provides support to families living with Fragile X. This includes specialised clinics, mobile workshops, counselling and casework, fundraising and working to increase public awareness of Fragile X
What's going on?
- Part-time role: Bookkeeper & administration support
- Support needs of fathers of children with FXS – Australian study
- Fragile X syndrome: from Medical Observer
- Home Among the Gum Trees: An American Family’s Amazing Australian Adventure
- Newsletter – Focus on girls with Fragile X, Family Stories, Fundraisers, Family support, and more